Monday, May 14, 2007

Retired for sure

Well about 3 weeks ago I really retired. Bente’s big brother is in the country for a visit and spent a week with us before heading for the west coast. He will be back this weekend for another week then back to Denmark. I took the week off to visit. Then for the past two weeks I have done nothing but play golf. Very poor golf I might add, but I have enjoyed everyday of it. I haven’t listened to a lot of news or should I say the “evening entertainment” since I truly don’t believe there is a real news show on TV. I haven’t been on the net very much so I really haven’t had a lot to write about.

Maybe bad golf. I am very much out of shape and hampered with arthritis really bad but I still go out there and swing away. I no longer care about the score. Wait a minute there! Yes I do care very much about the score. It is just that I haven’t played in so long and I seemed to have gotten old in the mean time and can’t turn. Back or forward. Oh I hit some good ones and a lot of really bad ones but I keep at it. I keep telling myself that today is the day that I will be back in form but it seems just out or reach.

Bente is also a little rusty but she has thrown in several good rounds and probably would have had several more if she had not been playing with me. I seem to drag her down with my bad playing. She joined the ladies group and in the very first tournament her team won first place. I am quite sure she was the reason. She to is bothered with a touch of arthritis and has to watch the big swings but she has not lost the game like I have.

We played this morning and I hurt so bad I can hardly walk. But I must stop for now as I have to go to the range and hit some balls. If I could just get through the ball. Maybe if I…….


Seth

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've still got it, brother. Just so you can still flip those burgers!