Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A Great Christmas Day

Yesterday was a great day. It could have really been a big thing if Bill, Chris, Bennie and their families had been here in person, instead of here in our though and prayers. Rita and Robert were here, along with their two grand daughters Kelly and Emily. And Agatha’s granddaughter, Amber, and her husband Michael and their two kids came by for a short visit.

Bente did her usual outstanding job on Christmas dinner and we all eat much more then we should. Bente is a great cook and enjoys having the family in for a meal. Family get together’s are a big thing in Denmark and she really misses them. So when we can we like to get everyone around and just “visit”. In Denmark that means about 3 to 4 hours at the dinner table eating, drinking, and chatting about anything and everything. Maybe even eating again. On my visits to her home I found that I like their style very much. If it is a party, as opposed to normal gathering, they will “visit” for 4 to 8 hours. And none of it is boring. It is really a good time with everyone laughing and enjoying themselves.

Yesterday we had a good long visit and some really good food. To me that is what Christmas is all about.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was there in my heart brother. I have sure been missing you guys and would have loved to sit down to a nice Julefrokost with you.

Bennie said...

Thanks for having me and my brood over on the 26th. It was great filling up your house with my descendents! Happy New Year's!

Bennie said...

It's almost Easter, Bib Brother.

Bennie said...

Bib Brother? I meant, Big Brother.